Friday, May 30, 2014

Halloween

I am not nearly as creative as my sister-in-law when it comes to Halloween, but I made it work OK this year. Halloween isn't really celebrated much in Brazil, so we had to make do with what I had on hand.

Nora's was pretty easy. I used Joseph's newborn pumpkin costume my mom made and threw on a pair of second-hand Halloween pants and a green onesie. Adorable.
 Joseph's took some creativity. I turned a pair of black skeleton PJs (my mom sent them for last Halloween, but they didn't arrive before we left for the US on Halloween to get our visas) inside-out and put on a pair of his training pants over the top. The hat is from Jake's trip to China in 2011. Apparently, they're all the rage among teenage girls.
 We kind of slapped together Jake's costume the night before. He's an American tourist: socks with flip-flops, Hawaiian-print shorts, too-big shirt, throwaway undershirt, hat backwards, and enormous sunglasses. He made it authentic by roaming the office asking, loudly, if people spoke English and where he could buy a caipirinha.

The kids and I went to a friend's house for snacks and Halloween crafts. Joseph's "monster" consisted of three googly eyes on the the paper tube. He spent the rest of the time carefully lining up the stickers.
Nora turned 10 months old two days before Halloween. She's kind of adorable.

No comments: